- Country: Belgium
- Deadline: September 01, 2021
- Discipline: Masters of Science degree preferably in Electronics Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Apply here
• You have (or will receive within a few months) a M()asters of Science degree from a university, preferably in Electronics Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• You are interested to do research in an academic environment for a 4 years period in view of a PhD degree.
• You have a keen interest in implementing novel signal processing algorithms, wireless communication protocols in general, and wireless communication physical layer, MAC layer in particular.
• You have experience with FPGA design and prototyping. Hands-on experience with Verilog/VHDL or other HDL implementation of signal processing and/or low level MAC is a must. In-depth knowledge on RF (Radio Frequency), antenna, and building (wireless) communication stacks (from PHY to application) is an extra asset.
• Having published in high-ranking conferences and journals in the field is an advantage.
• You are well-organized and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks.
• You have strong analytical skills to interpret the obtained research results.
• You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
• Your English is fluent, both in speaking and writing.
• We offer a full-time position as a Ph.D. scholarship recipient, consisting of an initial period of 12 months, which –upon positive evaluation– will be extended to a maximum of 4 years
• We offer a dynamic and international work environment with a competitive salary and ample training and self-development opportunities.
The PhD position is available starting Spring-Summer 2021
How to apply
For further information, please contact Ingrid Moerman – email@example.com
How to Apply?
Please apply via this link. ((https://jobs.idlab.uantwerpen.be/o/phd-vacancy-in-advanced-wireless-systems-for-private-professional-environments/c/new).) Your application should include the following documents:
• Motivation letter
• CV, including diploma and transcript of records (bachelor and master) and contact information of 3 reference persons.