Deadline: 31 May 2021
Partner Organizations: American Association for the Advancement of Science
Location of the event: Italy
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Twin applications must be submitted online as follows:
- Participant 1 in the participant pair (Young Scientist) must apply with the online form accessible through the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/dbNWqg6dfZ
- Participant 2 in the participant pair (from the policymaking arena as indicated above) must apply with the online form accessible through the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/1drUmpTnAe
- NB. Please note that the two online forms and related links are different. Applicants are requested to please use the correct online form and link to apply.
- Applications that do not specify their participant partner will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- As part of the application, some accompanying documents must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These required documents are specified in the online application form.
- Candidates should not have participated in any previous AAAS-TWAS course on science diplomacy, including regional workshops.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply, as are refugee or displaced scientists.
- Applicants from any nationality are welcome but priority is given to developing countries.
- Applicants from the 66 Science & Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) https://twas.org/66-countries and – within this group – the 47 Least Developed Countries (LDCs) https://twas.org/least-developed-countries-ldcs are especially encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- The course will be held online (Zoom) and therefore, applicants need to have access to a fast and reliable internet connection and a computer to participate, in a private and quiet space (e.g. home or office).
- It is recommended to participate in the event with a PC/laptop and not a mobile phone nor a tablet.
- Upon request a small contribution can be provided to help ensure good connectivity (e.g. internet connection fee, rental of a modem, equipped computer space room). The purchase of PC/laptops or other equipment cannot be supported.
- An expert committee will be established by TWAS and AAAS to review the applications.
- The deadline for submitting applications is 31 May 2021.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the end of June 2021.
- For more information on the science and diplomacy programme, please see http://twas.org/science-diplomacy.
- For any queries, please contact: email@example.com
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org