The Assistant Professor will as their main responsibility perform and lead research in Quantum Software with support from WACQT and contribute actively to the Quantum Computer project at Chalmers as well as other scientific activities at the department in question. The Assistant Professor will also contribute to education on all levels and supervise master students as well as doctoral students. Responsibilities include participation in departmental and university-wide undertakings as well as in national and international collaborations.
• Doctoral degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or equivalent; the PhD degree should be completed within seven years prior to the application deadline. An exception can be made if you have been on parental leave or leave due to illness or military service.
• An excellent research track record in the area of Quantum Software
• Conducted research at the highest level, demonstrated by e.g. publications in leading journals of the field, presentations at leading conferences, or granted patents
• Documented teaching experience, e.g. as teaching assistant
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
• Post-doctoral appointment or equivalent at a university, institute or organization, which has not granted the candidate’s PhD degree.
• Experience from collaborating with experimental groups
Our offer to you
The starting package includes funding for one PhD student or postdoc. For projects fully aligned with the WACQT quantum computing project, it is possible to receive WACQT funding for an additional PhD student or postdoc.
Application deadline: 21st November, 2021