- Job Title: Electrochemist (Junior or Senior)
- Education: Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, or Electrochemical Engineering
- Experience: 3+ years of combined hands-on post-graduate and/or industrial experience in fuel cells, electrolyzers or flow batteries
- Areas of Expertise: Flow batteries, electrolyzers or fuel cells
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have a valid work permit.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Sciences & Engineering, or Electrochemical Engineering with a minimum of three years of hands-on experience in flow batteries, fuel cells or electrolyzers.
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental and applied electrochemistry including AC and DC electrochemical analytical techniques and related aspects of battery technology.
- Experience in any materials characterization methods is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability and an excellent record of success in addressing fundamental science questions and devising solutions to challenging technical problems with a proven record of high-impact peer-reviewed publications and IP that move the field.
- Proven hands-on experience in product design & prototyping in the battery, fuel cell or electrolyzer fields (experience with redox flow batteries is an asset).
- Familiarity with catalyst synthesis, electrode manufacturing techniques including spraying, electrodeposition and Dr. Blade coating method.
- Familiarity with battery test stations and stack testing.
- Aptitude to convey technical concepts and facilitate scientific discussions through excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Programming experience (experience with Python and LabVIEW are highly desired).
- Experience in the CO2 utilization field is an asset.
Applications are accepted online through AGORA’s Careers page.
Applications must include a cover letter and CV combined into a single PDF file. AGORA appreciates all interest in this position, however, only exceptional shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled. The candidates will be required to provide references if selected for an interview.
For more info or to apply: https://lnkd.in/gH2UGJ4