- Country: Belgium
- Deadline: April 01, 2021
- Discipline: architecture, engineering-architecture, urban studies, urban planning, urban governance, social sciences or equivalent
- Apply here
– The candidate holds a diploma in the field of architecture, engineering-architecture, urban studies, urban planning, urban governance, social sciences or equivalent;
– The candidate obtained a Masters degree in one of the above (or related) domains, and at least distinguished her/himself from other fellow students with excellent academic results;
– The candidate preferably has interdisciplinary experience and sensitivity for the topic of ‘arrival infrastructures’ and with practices of ‘mapping and data visualisation’ and ‘participatory action research and platform-building’;
– The candidate meets the requirements to begin the doctoral training and engages her/himself to complete a PhD;
– The candidate is interested in scientific research and will publish and co-publish in relevant
international scholarly journals to effectively disseminate research results;
– The candidate is a good communicator and enjoys working in a team;
– The candidate is willing to learn languages that might prove useful for the research and is capable and prepared to conduct intensive field and archival research in relevant contexts of investigation.
We offer a full-time PhD fellowships for 48 months with starting date on August 1st 2021.
Applications are due on April 1th 2021 and comprise:
• a letter of motivation (max. 1 A4);
• an updated CV;
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in April 2021 and a final list will be released shortly after. Candidates are expected to start on August 1st 2021, or on the earliest alternative date agreed on together. For any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gender & Diversity
Ghent University conducts an equal opportunities policy and encourages everyone to apply.
Applications of persons from underrepresented groups are especially welcomed.
Please apply by sending your application to Luce.email@example.com.