Responsibilities and qualifications
The overall goal of the PhD project is to develop a multi-physics model that simulates the rheological- and curing-behaviour of photopolymers during volumetric additive manufacturing. The numerical model will provide a virtual window into the process that is expected to uncover fundamental knowledge about the freeform fabrication method.
The PhD project will be carried out in close collaboration with another PhD project dealing with the experimental aspects of volumetric additive manufacturing as well as a postdoc project that aims at coupling the multi-physics model with optimization algorithms in order to find improved printing strategies.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Develop a numerical process model that simulates volumetric additive manufacturing
- Programme subroutines related to fluid flow, thermo-mechanics, and light-matter interaction
- Characterize the rheological- and curing-behaviour of photopolymers
- Assist in generating an experimental dataset to validate the numerical model
- Collaborate with the other researchers involved in the Digital AM project
- Supervise BSc and MSc students
Preference will be given to a theoretical background in computational fluid dynamics, thermo-mechanics, and light-matter interaction, and preferably with special focus on additive manufacturing.
You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 31 May 2021 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link « Apply online », fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)