- Country: Belgium
- Deadline: May 15, 2021
- Discipline: MSc in computer science, electrical engineering, technical cognitive science or areas relevant to the research topic (for example, psychology with a keen interest in robotics and AI)
- Apply here
- You must have an MSc degree in computer science, electrical engineering, technical cognitive science or areas relevant to the research topic (for example, psychology with a keen interest in robotics and AI).
- Good programming skills are required (C++, Python, or other), training or experience in machine learning or robotics is essential.
- English will be the primary language used (spoken as well as written).
- The PhD position is highly interdisciplinary and requires an understanding and/or interest in psychology and social sciences.
- The position start date can be negotiated but is at the latest 1/9/2021.
- The net amount of the scholarship will be approximately €2000 per month. You will also receive a holiday allowance and will enjoy full social security cover. Additional financial support is available for attending conferences and workshops.
- You will be affiliated with the Artificial Intelligence and Robotics group of the IDLab. While the research will be based in Ghent, occasional travel to international conferences will be required.
- You will be enrolled in the doctoral training programme offered by the Doctoral School of Engineering.
- Ghent University and AIRO lab encourages equal opportunities. We will consider applications based only on your potential as an early career researcher and your fit to the research programme.
How to apply
For informal queries, do not hesitate to contact Tony Belpaeme (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your application should include
- 1. A letter motivating your application. Why do you wish to pursue a PhD? Why in social robotics? What is your -if any- prior experience?
- 2. A CV, with copies of relevant exams, grades, master thesis work or publications.
- 3. The names and contact details of at least 2 referees.
Recommendation letters can be included with your application, but are not needed at the time of application.
Applicants should send their application to email@example.com with subject “PhD application”.
Selected candidates will be invited for an online interview.