Student Synthesis and characterization of advanced polymer nanoparticles for biomedical applications at the Institute for Materials Research Hasselt University
Application Deadline: 30/06/2021
- You obtained a master’s degree in chemistry, physical chemistry, biochemistry (or equivalent)
Final-year students are (likewise) encouraged to apply.
- You are motivated by the topic of advanced nanomaterials applied to the fields of cancer therapy and wound healing/tissue engineering.
- You have experience in the production and characterization of nanoparticles and a solid back ground in colloids.
- A good background in polymer chemistry and experience in polymer nanoparticle synthesis is a plus
- Some basic knowledge in nanomaterials-cell studies and relevant characterization techniques.
- You are fluent in the English language, both orally as in writing.
- You are well-organized and dedicated to performing a practical experiment in the best way, ensuring that technical instruments are employed / calibrated in the right way.
- You possess good relational, communicative and reporting skills to function within a interdisciplinary research group.
- Although you will get the possibility to professionalize yourself by attending specialized courses and workshops, your application is further strengthened if you possess a good background and experience in the fields of advanced nanoparticle synthesis with functional properties (e.g, stimuli responsiveness, encapsulation of active/biologically relevant compounds), physical and chemical characterization techniques as well as nanoparticle-cell interactions.
- You are willing to contribute to a positive working atmosphere and are able to connect with the different domains and collaborators (practical assistants, PhD students, post-docs, and professors).
You can only apply online up to and including 30 June 2021.
The selection procedure consists of a preselection based on application file and an interview.
Prof. dr. Anitha ETHIRAJAN, +32-11-268877, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. dr. ir. Koen VANDEWAL, +32-11-268879, email@example.com
More about working at Hasselt University? Check www.uhasselt.be/vacancies for our staff benefits.