As professor in mathematics-economics you will contribute to:
- Methodological research in mathematics-economics with focus on one or more of the following areas:
- quantitative finance
- operations research
• Developing the mathematics-economics group including attracting PhD-students, post docs and permanent staff.
• Teaching in the mathematics-economics programme as well as teaching mathematics and statistics at the study programmes in Engineering and Social Sciences. Aalborg University has three campuses (in Esbjerg, Copenhagen and Aalborg) and teaching can be at all campuses. The majority of the teaching tasks are in Danish and the selected applicant is therefore expected to acquire proficiency in the Danish language within a few years.
• Funding and external collaboration. The selected applicant must take a lead for acquiring external funding for research and expansion of the mathematics-economics group. This will involve collaboration with colleagues from the Department of Mathematical Sciences, other departments at Aalborg University and industrial partners.
The ideal candidate has:
• A PhD degree in a relevant topic within the above-mentioned areas of mathematics-economics
• An excellent research record in terms of publications
• A good track record regarding external funding
• A strategy for future research and funding activities
The ability to contribute to the development of external collaboration and to secure external funding will be considered and the applicant is expected to have excellent interpersonal skills. Special contributions to the development of educational and teaching related activities will be considered in the overall assessment.