Primary Location: Europe-DE-Baden Wuerttemberg-Biberach
Organization: DE-Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH&Co.KG (Germany)
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you scout for, develop, and implement innovative formulation approaches for new compounds from Boehringer Ingelheim’s research portfolio (e.g. small molecules, PROTACs, peptides) to support high quality preclinical studies.
- You establish novel formulation technologies, such as drug delivery systems for local administration (e.g. implants for intravitreal application) or targeted drug delivery systems
- Whilst capturing relevant emerging scientific and technological developments in the field, you have an excellent overview of scientific literature and actively expand our scientific network with relevant academic groups.
- Discussing, presenting and publishing results internally and externally is also part of your new job profile.
- You are willing to take over responsibility for IT systems within the group.
- In order to deliver development candidates in competitive timelines you contribute to interdisciplinary research project teams striving towards this goal.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical sciences) with several years of professional experience, a PhD and / or Postdoc would be of advantage
- Relevant experience in the area of preclinical formulation development of research compounds (small molecules and/or bRo5 molecules) and analytical formulation characterization (e.g. particle size determination, HPLC-MS)
- Strong background in pharmaceutical technology (e.g. experience with spray drying) and state of the art knowledge in innovative formulation technologies (e.g. drug delivery systems, 3D printing of pharmaceutics)
- Excellent overview of scientific literature and already established scientific network
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English are mandatory, German an advantage