- You hold a PhD in Mathematics.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You have established an excellent research portfolio.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- You are motivated to develop your teaching skills further through the professionalisation opportunities available.
- If you do not speak Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a programme component coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members through an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- You demonstrate leadership potential and organisational skills.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
What we offer
- We offer a part-time (10%) appointment as a member of the Senior Academic Staff for the period from January 1 until September 30, 2022. Following a positive evaluation, the appointment can be renewed. The level of your appointment (lecturer, senior lecturer, professor or full professor) is determined on the basis of your professional experience and academic qualifications.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scales for Senior Academic Staff (ZAP) and calculated proportionally on the basis of your employment percentage.
- The planned start date is January 1, 2022.
- You will do most of your work at Campus Middelheim in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here and discover all the other benefits.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including November 8, 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on ‘apply’, complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following documents: (1) your motivation letter, (2) the completed job application appendix for ZAP, (3) your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Sonja Hohloch (email@example.com), deputy chairperson of the Department of Mathematics.