We are looking for a candidate with an excellent academic record to represent the area of Data Management in research and teaching, and to complement the research strengths of other teams in the department.
We are looking for candidates with demonstrated scientific expertise in the areas of data management, data engineering, and optimally including data-centric machine learning to represent them in both research and teaching and to complement our existing team. A strong interest in applied, systems-oriented research is beneficial. Ideally, candidates will bring experience in several of the following topics:
- Database Technologies (physical design, query processing and optimization, transaction processing).
- Multimodal Data Management (structured/semi-structured, documents, graphs, time series, video/images).
- Data Engineering (data integration, data cleaning, data validation, data provenance/versioning).
- Large-scale Data Management (distributed storage, data-parallel computation, cloud computing).
- Machine Learning Systems (systems and platforms for data-centric ML, scalable ML training and serving).
- High-Performance Computing (numerical computation, scheduling, heterogeneous hardware, simulations).